The Powder Room Perfume Master Class is a unique insight into the intriguing world of perfume. Conducted by Samantha Taylor, director of The Powder Room, a consultancy agency specialising in niche perfume and beauty brands, it gives guests a glimpse inside this very intriguing industry. Guests will have an opportunity to discover raw materials, the building blocks of perfume as well as learn how to choose the perfect fragrance.
At the end of the class, guests will be able to create their own fragrance using the Olfactorium, a mini perfumers organ with the finest raw materials from France.
The workshop will cover:
- Origin of the word perfume
- History of perfume
- Who wore perfume throughout history and how they influenced the perfume industry
- Perfumers training and how they create perfume
- Fragrance families – demonstrate with example of each
- Famous fragrances and their stories
- Synthetic versus Natural materials
- Discuss origins of raw materials and guests have an opportunity to smell some examples
- Mass versus Niche perfume
- Fragrance wardrobe – Different fragrance for different seasons and occasions.
- How to chose a fragrance that suits
- How to wear and store perfume
- Latest perfume launches
- Fragrance creation
In March 2014, Samantha was appointed as the Australian licensee for Cinquieme Sens, the global leader in perfumery training. Based in Paris, Cinquieme Sens has worked with the leading perfume houses such as Chanel, Parfums Dior, Guerlain and Hermés. Working with Cinquieme Sens gives Samantha access to a global network of perfume professionals and materials direct from the home of perfumery, France.
Facebook : The-Powder-Room
Bookings: Multiple dates available. All bookings through Eventbrite.
Please contact Samantha Taylor for further details.
Samantha@thepowder-room.com 0422 351 611